Back to Opportunity List >
Type: Career Opportunities
Job/practice locationScotts Valley, CA
About the EmployerEstablished in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well-known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 800 employees.
Job DescriptionSummary of Job Duties: Responsible for feasibility, formulation, product substantiation and sales trainings of simple and complex dietary supplement products. Responsible for creating products with unique delivery systems, including powders, fizzes, liquid shots, bars. Specific Job Duties:
- Documentation Responsibilities: The Research Associate (RA) will manage the feasibility process relating to new product formulations and reformulations, including formula spread sheets, competitive product/price comparisons, and product substantiations. Research resources for these documents may include, but are not limited to, clinical studies, internet databases, in-house research library, technical documents/books, and raw material supplier information.
- Project Coordination: The RA will work in conjunction with both in house and out of house manufacturing resources to create unique new products or reformulate existing products. The RA will need to coordinate with multiple departments throughout feasibility and execution of new products. The RA will assist the New Product Development Team in tracking, expediting and facilitating the progress of each product’s development through the product’s launch date.
- Communication Responsibilities: The RA will support the department in all details pertaining to the development of new products, product substantiations, marketing collateral and sales trainings. The RA will interface with marketing, sales and education regarding marketing and sales materials, training presentations, structure/function claims, and label content. The RA will provide ongoing support for manufacturing, sales, marketing, QC, and purchasing.
- Perform all other tasks assigned by Threshold Management.
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications Required:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Nutrition, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the dietary supplement industry or related field.
- Experience in writing scientific documents specific to nutrition and health.
- Positive attitude, team player, excellent communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the therapeutic use of nutrition and botanicals
- Experience in writing structure/function claim substantiation.