Back to Opportunity List >
Type: Career Opportunities
Employer/Practice: Spring Wind Herbs
Address: 2401 Merced Street, Suite 105, San Leandro, CA 94577
Phone number: (510) 849-1820
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address: https://springwind.com/
Job/practice locationSan Leandro, CA
About the EmployerSpring Wind is seeking a part-time office administrative assistant. We are looking for an organized, dependable, and energetic person to join our growing team at our office located in San Leandro, California. The position supports managers and employees through a variety of administrative tasks related to order fulfillment, organization, and communication.
This is a great position for someone who needs some flexibility or has other commitments in their life. We are looking for someone that can commit to a few hours every day, rather than only working a couple days a week.
Transitioning to a full-time position is negotiable based on interest and ability to take on additional tasks.
Working at Spring Wind exposes one to the numerous herbs and products we carry and will inevitably enhance one’s ability to practice and study Chinese herbs. Working here can be ideal for students of Chinese medicine and beginning practitioners because of the part-time schedule and because the workplace is one where Chinese medicine is what we do.
For more information about our company, please visit www.springwind.com.
Job DescriptionResponsibilities of Administrative Assistant include:
• Entering orders, process payments, prepare and print invoices
• Answer and direct phone calls and customer emails in a professional manner
• Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms
• Support our bookkeeper on certain tasks within Quickbooks
• Order office supplies
• Provide general support to customers
• Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning etc.
• Maintain computer and manual filing systems
• Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Coordinate office procedures
• Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
QualificationsRequired Skills & Qualifications:
• Attention to detail is a must
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. English proficiency is a must.
• Desire to learn new processes and platforms
• Proactive and dependable. Able to plan and complete assigned tasks without being asked
• Proficiency with computers in general and ideally most components of MS Office
• High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
• Share and care about our values as a business and a team
• Adaptability and flexibility! We are a small business and everyone helps out with solving problems. The
ability to switch gears and assist your coworkers is vital
• Share an interest and passion for herbs!
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Previous administrative or assistant experience in office setting
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Some fluency in Chinese Mandarin
• Knowledge of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
• Familiarity with Pin Yin. Knowledge of the Pin Yin names of herbs and formulas is also a plus.
• Experience with Quickbooks
Short DescriptionThis is a part-time position for 4hrs/day (approximately 20 hours/week) 1pm-5pm PST with flexibility. Starting wage is $18-$21/hr depending on experience and skill set. Benefits include vacation time, employee discounts and sick leave.
How to contactTo apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Back to summary list >