Back to Opportunity List >
Type: Career Opportunities
Employer/Practice: Apex Acupuncture and Wellness
Address: 42 Sherwood Terrace
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
Phone number: (847) 989-7176
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address: https://apexacu.com/
Job/practice locationLake Bluff, IL
About the EmployerApex Acupuncture is an established and thriving practice Lake Bluff, IL, approximately 45 minutes north of Chicago. We have a long-term patient base and strong word of mouth referrals.
We are looking for applicants who are team players, confident in their skills, motivated to grow a loyal following, have a positive growth mindset, and are eager to be busy and work hard.
The modern, furnished office in prime location has four acupuncture treatment rooms, one massage therapy room, waiting room, business office, practitioner office, laundry room, storage room, and bathroom. The building has a large parking lot. Linens and supplies will be provided. All treatment tables have BioMats (https://richwayandfujibio.com/products#biomat).
Job DescriptionClinical Responsibilities:
- We expect the acupuncturist to exhibit clinical performance consistent with our policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe and clean treatment environment and adhering to Clean Needle Technique protocols; complying with procedures, rules, regulations, and laws.
- Administer acupuncture treatment to address a patient’s chief complaint.
- Evaluate effects of treatments by observing, noting, and evaluating a patient’s progress; changing when necessary and advising patients about recommended treatment options.
- Document, monitor and maintain accurate records (EHRs) regarding patient treatments.
- Adhere to strict HIPAA guidelines regarding patient health information.
- Provide confident, accurate, relevant, and relatable information for patients regarding the full benefits of acupuncture and herbal medicine.
- Ability to perform accessory modalities such as cupping and guasha when appropriate.
- Provide consistent and professional patient follow-up communication (e.g. email, phone) when appropriate.
QualificationsMandatory Skills, Education, Licensing Requirements:
- Board Certified by the NCCAOM
- Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine (OM degree) from an accredited institution
- Current acupuncture license in the State of Illinois
- Exceptional time management and ability to treat multiple patients per hour
- Willingness to learn and implement new techniques and treatment protocols
- Confident and positive disposition
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years of experience but open to recent high performing graduates
Preferred Skills, Training, and Qualifications:
- Sports Medicine Acupuncture Certification or Training
- Sa'am Acupuncture Training
- Balance Method (Dr Tan) Training
- White Pine Graduate Mentorship Program or other advanced diagnosis and herbal medicine training
Starting salary: $50,000-$60,000 per year. There is an expectation that the practitioner will pursue continuing education on an ongoing basis. Owner will pay for 50% of continuing education courses and seminars (up to $2000 per year).
Associate must be available for (4) 6.5-hour shifts during the week, and (1) 4.5-hour shift on weekends (30-35 hours / week).
How to contactMore information about the owner and practice can be found at www.apexacu.com. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter about your experiences and why you feel you would be a good fit for our practice, as well as in which areas of Chinese medicine you are most interested, to email@example.com.
Back to summary list >