Back to Opportunity List >
Type: Career Opportunities
Employer/Practice: Kan Herb Company
Address: 380 Encinal Street, Suite 100, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone number: (831) 438-9450
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Address: https://www.kanherb.com/
Job/practice locationSanta Cruz, CA
About the EmployerKan Herb Company, located in Santa Cruz, California, manufactures and sells high quality Chinese herbal formulas to healthcare professionals since 1984. All of our products are manufactured in Santa Cruz, adhering to rigorous quality controls. We manufacture over 250 products in concentrated liquid extracts and tablets. We offer a full range of traditional formulas as well as specialized products for women, children and pets. We also offer a full range of nutritive mushrooms.
Job DescriptionWe are seeking to hire a California-Licensed Acupuncturist to work two to five days per week as part of a growing team under a new CEO in a new era at Kan Herb Company. Currently, this position will report directly to the new CEO. Areas of responsibility include:
- Identify and perform quality control assessments for incoming raw herbs and in-process and finished products, both tablets and extracts;
- Performa QC assessments and complete FDA-required documentation.
- Answering questions from Kan’s customers about our products regarding intended use, suggested formulas for specific patterns, etc.;
- Possibly be able to travel to and represent the company at industry trade shows, several times per year; and
- Other duties as assigned, related to manufacturing and QC of Chinese herbs.
- An Acupuncturist License in good standing with the State of California, which is an FDA requirement for Kan as an herbal supplement company.
- Previous and extensive knowledge of the Chinese herbs.
- Ability to lift boxes of raw herbs, up to 50 pounds; this is a must.
- Attention to detail.
- A professional demeanor and attitude.
Short DescriptionBase salary and benefits depending on experience. Job Type: Part-time, negotiable schedule.
How to contactEmail two things to Greg Pepping, Kan Herb Company CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following in the email subject "Acupuncturist Application: 1) Statement of interest: what draws you to this company and position. 2) Resume or CV.
Back to summary list >