Back to Opportunity List >
Type: Career Opportunities
Employer/Practice: Kan Herb Company
Address: 380 Encinal Street Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone number: (831) 438-9450
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Address: https://www.kanherb.com/
Job/practice locationSanta Cruz, CA
About the EmployerKan Herb Company, located in Santa Cruz, California, manufactures and sells high quality Chinese herbal formulas to healthcare professionals since 1984. All of our products are manufactured in Santa Cruz, adhering to rigorous quality controls. We manufacture over 250 products in concentrated liquid extracts and tablets. We offer a full range of traditional formulas as well as specialized products for women, children and pets. We also offer a full range of nutritive mushrooms.
Job DescriptionWe are seeking to hire a California-Licensed Acupuncturist to work two to five days per week, depending on what works best for you, as part of a growing team under a new CEO in a new era at Kan Herb Company. Currently, this position will report directly to the new CEO. Help us make quality products for people and build an amazing culture at Kan Herb Company! Areas of responsibility include:
- Identify and perform quality control assessments for incoming raw herbs and in-process and finished products, both tablets and extracts;
- Perform QC assessments and complete FDA-required documentation.
- Answering questions from Kan’s customers about our products regarding intended use, suggested formulas for specific patterns, etc.;
- Possibly be able to travel to and represent the company at industry trade shows, several times per year; and
- Other duties as assigned, related to manufacturing and QC of Chinese herbs.
QualificationsRequired qualifications and abilities:
- An Acupuncturist License in good standing with the State of California.
- Previous and extensive knowledge of the Chinese herbs.
- Ability to lift boxes of raw herbs, up to 50 pounds; this is a must.
- Attention to detail.
- A professional demeanor and attitude.
Short DescriptionHourly rate in the $25 to $50/hr range, with both the base pay and benefits negotiable depending on qualifications and/or experience. This position could very well as a complement to someone’s private practice or someone who loves herbs and would like to contribute to the TCM field in a way other than through seeing clients. We’re flexible and welcome suggestions on what might work for you. Reach out to learn more and we can explore what might work for all of us. Thank you! Job Type: Part-time, negotiable schedule.
How to contactEmail a resume or CV addressed to Greg Pepping, Kan Herb Company CEO, with "Acupuncturist Application" in the email subject. Or call if you're curious to learn more.
Back to summary list >