Back to Opportunity List >
Type: Career Opportunities
Employer/Practice: Santa Cruz Community Health
Address: Admin Office: 125 Water St, Suite A2
Phone number: (831) 427-3500
Email Address: HR@schealthcenters.org
Web Address: https://www.schealthcenters.org/
Job/practice locationSanta Cruz, CA
About the Employer
Our mission is to improve the health of our patients and the community and advocate the feminist goals of social, political, and economic equality.
Driven by a 48-year commitment to health care as a human right, Santa Cruz Community Health is a leading nonprofit provider of high-quality, affordable and comprehensive health services in English and Spanish to all ages, gender identities, ethnicities, abilities and sexual orientations, regardless of their ability to pay.
Job DescriptionSanta Cruz Community Health (SCCH) began as a women's health collective in 1974 with the mission to improve the health of our patients and the community and advocate the feminist goals of social, political, and economic equality. Now, more than 45 years later, we serve that same mission as a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center operating three separate sites: the Santa Cruz Women's Health Center in downtown Santa Cruz serving women and children; the East Cliff Family Health Center in Live Oak, serving everyone; and the Santa Cruz Mountain Health Center providing easier access to care for our patients in the San Lorenzo Valley.
SCCH has a diverse patient population and an engaging and friendly work environment. Our caring and committed staff works as a team to fulfill our mission so that all our patients have access to comprehensive, quality health care.
Under the supervision of the Integrated Chinese Medicine Director, Acupuncturists at Santa Cruz Community Health (SCCH) provide comprehensive care services to people of all ages and genders, including preventative health care, chronic and acute disease care, and pain management. Acupuncturists perform acupuncture, or tuina, give nutritional advice, make lifestyle recommendations, prescribe herbal remedies, and teach appropriate exercises. The Acupuncturist works with a Care Team in a Patient Centered Medical Home structure to treat the whole person and address their physical and emotional health needs.
Reports to: Integrated Chinese Medical Director
Classification: Part-time, salary, exempt
Location: East Cliff Family Health Center and/or Women’s Health Center Hours: Varies
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of Traditional Chinese Medicine resources and procedures and policies, and applicable federal and state rules and regulations
- Demonstrates ability to assess, implement and monitor options and services to meet individual patients' health needs
- Effectively achieves quality, timely and measurable outcomes
- Acts as a patient liaison with clinic staff and community contacts
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use clinic’s Electronic Health Records system (EHR)
- Participates in appropriate staff meetings and agency activities
- Performs all clinical and administrative duties expected of an Acupuncturist at SCCH
- Possesses a California Acupuncture license
- Provides patient-centered customer service at all times
- Demonstrates the ability to anticipate patients' needs and deliver services and respond to patients in a timely, accurate, courteous, respectful, and friendly manner
- Demonstrates ownership, initiative, attention to detail, and follow through
- Approaches problem-solving by focusing on patients first
- Oral and written communication is clear, concise, accurate, positive, and respectful
- Response to oral and written questions, instructions, and information is timely and appropriate
- Regularly checks work related email and mailbox
- Dealings with others are characterized by fairness, courtesy, diplomacy, honesty, firmness, empathy and confidence
- Effective in offering support and assistance to others, in obtaining information from others, and in supplying information to others
- Is approachable and open to suggestions
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, flexibility and the ability to develop effective relationships by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Uses critical thinking and common sense to analyze situations, make timely and valid decisions, and take appropriate actions
- Demonstrates good judgment in making decisions
- Completes all assigned duties in an accurate, timely and efficient manner
- Arrives to work on time and maintains consistent attendance
- Follows instructions and appropriate procedures
- Maintains patient confidentiality as required by HIPAA
GENERAL JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
KNOWLEDGE OF WORK - Possesses and utilizes knowledge of the job which is essential to perform the specific functions and related work.
QUANTITY OF WORK - Accomplishes an appropriate volume of satisfactory work under normal conditions. Ability to produce results.
QUALITY OF WORK - Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, neatness and dependability to produce work within acceptable standards.
TIMELINESS - Completes assignments on or ahead of schedule.
ABILITY TO LEARN NEW DUTIES - Interprets, learns and responds to instructions for new situations, procedures or methods.
JUDGEMENT and COMMON SENSE - Decisions and actions are sound, including safety awareness.
COOPERATION - Willing to work with others toward common goals.
COMMUNICATIONS - Demonstrates relevance and clarity of written and oral expression. Effectiveness in exchanging ideas and information.
INITIATIVE - Ability to originate, develop or create new ideas or take steps to get things done.
PROBLEM SOLVING - Identifies and evaluates alternate solutions and demonstrates the ability to select the most appropriate course of action.
ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY - Shows daily ability to be at work at scheduled time, including being prepared to work on time after breaks, meal periods, and other authorized absences from work.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Variations in conditions may occur under certain circumstances.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a part-time, salaried, exempt position with a salary range of $58,401 - $107,120 (1.0 FTE). Competitive compensation & benefits package are available to staff working at least 20 hours per week. Paid time off and paid holidays accrue from date of hire. Paid Medical License(s) and CME (fees and days off). Providers are eligible for annual step increases, based on years of service with SCCH. Loan Repayment Program assistance available with attractive HPSA score. Employer subsidized group health, dental, vision and life insurance plans the first of the month after 30 days of employment. Automatic 2% enrollment in an employer sponsored 401K plan with a 2% retirement match.
- Must have a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) Degree, Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine (DTCM) degree, or a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Must be a licensed Acupuncturist in good standing in the State of California
- Available and willing to work evenings and/or weekends, as needed
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and to carry out the stated mission of Santa Cruz Community Health
- Commitment to preventive care and to empowering patients to make informed health care decisions
- Perform Acupuncture and other TCM techniques based on patients’ needs and TCM pattern differentiation
- Diagnose health problems by comprehensively reviewing the medical histories of patients, by using TCM diagnostic techniques
- Advise patients on how they can improve their health by recommendations based on TCM theory
- Formulate treatment plans for patients based on TCM pattern differentiation
- Be willing to refer to other providers and modalities based on patients’ needs
- Use seeds, tacks, heat, ointments based on patients’ needs and recommend self-care techniques, as needed
- Update patient medical records at the end of every appointment for billing and record-keeping purposes
- Attend continuing education courses in Traditional Chinese Medicine to further refine abilities and provide a superior level of care to patients on a continued basis
- Bilingual conversant/fluent in English and Spanish highly desirable
- Experience doing acupuncture in group settings is highly desirable
- Experience working in a Western Medicine Clinic or Western Medicine Community Health Clinic is highly desirable.
- Experience working with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds is highly desirable.
Short DescriptionAcupuncturists at Santa Cruz Community Health (SCCH) provide comprehensive care services to people of all ages and genders, including preventative health care, chronic and acute disease care, and pain management. Acupuncturists perform acupuncture, or tuina, give nutritional advice, make lifestyle recommendations, prescribe herbal remedies, and teach appropriate exercises. The Acupuncturist works with a Care Team in a Patient Centered Medical Home structure to treat the whole person and address their physical and emotional health needs.
How to contactTo apply, download the employment application from our Careers page (schealthcenters.org/careers). Submit application and current resume with letter of interest to Human Resources. No phone inquiries, please.
Back to summary list >