Back to Opportunity List >
Type: Career Opportunities
Employer/Practice: Box Acupuncture Traditional Chinese Medicine
Address: 2505 Samaritan Dr. Ste 305, San Jose CA 95124
Phone number: (408) 560-9470
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Address: https://boxacupuncture.com
Job/practice locationSan Jose, CA
About the EmployerBox Acupuncture is a busy insurance-based clinic next to Good Samaritan Hospital. We've been around for 5+ years. Dr. Aaron Lee, DAOM, L.Ac is an alumni from Five Branches University and specializes in Sports and Orthopedic Medicine in addition to general health. We currently employ 2 other Licensed Acupuncturists who are also graduates of FBU and 2 Certified Massage Therapists.
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a Medical Receptionist to support our busy Acupuncture Clinic. Patients will turn to you for information and help with administrative issues. Our Medical Receptionist should be efficient and well-spoken. Prior experience in customer service is preferred and working in a medical office previously is a plus. We'd like to meet you if you are patient, computer-savvy, can multitask, and have extensive critical thinking skills. Your goal will be to ensure the smooth workflow of our clinic so that our patients receive the best possible care. Further training, experience, and interest can grow into helping assist our Acupuncturists by turning over rooms and re-stocking. Promotion to Office Manager and Insurance Biller is possible with a wage increase and responsibilities. Our clinic culture is that we work together to ensure patients are relaxed and enjoy the environment of receiving treatment. This means that we work as a team to ensure that we are all supported. Responsibilities
- Receive and assist patients as needed
- Manage office communications (e.g. phone, correspondence)
- Schedule acupuncture appointments
- Work with insurance companies to check eligibility and correct payment
- Process invoices, bills, and payments
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information
- Assist patient flow and assist Acupuncturists
- Prior experience is preferred, especially in customer service or in other medical clinics. Otherwise, we will train you.
- Polite and able to communicate effectively among patients and practitioners is a must.
- Prior experience or understanding of insurance terminology is a +.
- Basic math skills are a must
- Responsible and on time
- Outstanding communication skills
- Patience and discretion
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- High school diploma with a college education is a plus.
QualificationsIf you're currently a student at Five Branches Unversity, this would be a great opportunity to see a clinic in action and be a part of the behind-the-scenes administrative staff. This position could potentially turn into a job position as a Licensed Acupuncturist in the future as well.
How to contactEmail is preferred for interest.
Back to summary list >