Back to Opportunity List >
Type: Career Opportunities
Boise, ID 83705
Job/practice locationBoise, ID
About the Employer
We provide acupuncture for all. Boise Acupuncture Co-op (BAC) is a non-profit, co-operative that provides a welcoming space where people come as they are and are empowered to heal side by side in community. Our mission is to provide quality, accessible community acupuncture to all peoples.
We envision a world where resilient communities support each other to reduce isolation, process trauma, and ease collective and individual suffering.
The Clinic: BAC was founded in 2014 and became a non-profit in 2015. We currently give around 250 treatments per week. Our patients come from a diverse array of backgrounds seeking care for a diverse array of reasons. We are made up of three full time acupuncturists, one full time bookkeeper and front desk coordinator, and two part time receptionists. We pride ourselves on meeting folks where they are and approaching care from a trauma-informed lens. We co-create a supportive work environment where we can show up as our full selves and foster work relationships based on trust, empathy, and playfulness. We organize, govern, and make decisions within a non-hierarchical sociocracy to better embody the values of equity, accountability and transparency.
Removing barriers to care
Finances should never be a limiting factor in your pursuit of health and wellness. We charge on a sliding scale of $20 to $50. You decide what you can pay, no questions asked. There is a $15 one time additional fee for your first appointment. We are open 7 days a week with a wide range of available time.
Listening with an open heart and mind
We encourage input from our patients, our volunteers, our employees and our neighbors, so we can better respond to the needs of the community. When you come to us for acupuncture care, you are putting your trust in our clinic; we commit to respect and honor your needs.
Inviting people to take a much-needed break
We live in a culture that does not place value in rest. We challenge that notion every day by providing a safe and cozy space for the community to shut-off and recharge. We are productive when we rest.
Acknowledging healing is an ongoing process
We acknowledge the institutional, cultural, environmental, spiritual and personal root causes of dis-ease. We acknowledge healing is sustained through our interdependence, restoration of purpose, the leverage of collective strengths, and community engagement.
Working with partners toward a more equitable society
We can't fulfill our vision by ourselves. The partnerships we foster with community organizations are essential in the collective effort to build a more equitable society.
Our work environment includes:
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Casual work attire
- Regular social events
If you are a caring, enthusiastic, and community-minded acupuncturist, come join Boise Acupuncture Co-op’s team and help us expand health care access! We are the only high-volume community acupuncture clinic striving to offer effective and affordable acupuncture in the Treasure Valley.
- Idaho Licensed or Certified Acupuncturist, herbalist a plus but not required. Must be able to work at least one weekend shift per week. Bilingual in Spanish is a big plus! The job requires adaptability, quick thinking, multi-tasking, and clear communication. We are looking for someone who wants to create a long-term working partnership with BAC.
- After a three month probationary period, this is a W-2 position giving you predictable pay and a consistent work schedule.
- A shift consists of five clinical hours (four hours of scheduled patients plus one hour for patients to rest, removing needles, etc). BAC pays for six hours per shift to cover extra time for arrival, departure, and charting. Compensation starts at $28-$30 per hour with a potential for a raise after six months, so long as BAC is able.
- Position starts part-time with 1-2 shifts per week, seeing 3-4 patients per hour with the goal of working up to 5-6 per hour. Strong potential to grow to full-time after the probationary period. After six months, part-time employees are eligible for 10 paid days off per year.
- Full-time position is 30 hours per week consisting of clinical shifts and, if interested, a business module (e.g. marketing, finances, inventory/ordering, community building). Full-time employees receive health care benefits, 20 paid days off after one year, annual CEU stipend, and the potential to apply for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
- BAC provides all supplies and malpractice insurance. All reception and cleaning duties are performed by other employees and volunteers. As an acupuncturist at BAC, you have so much support to show up and do exactly what you are here to do - help to improve the health of our community!