Back to Opportunity List >
Type: Career Opportunities
Employer/Practice: White Magnolia Acupuncture and Tai Chi
Address: 2806 San Pablo Ave., Berkeley, CA 94702
Phone number: (510) 570-8195
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address: http://www.whitemagnoliahealth.com
Job/practice locationBerkeley, CA
About the EmployerWhite Magnolia Acupuncture and Tai Chi serves people of all ages with a wide variety of health issues, ranging from chronic pain to asthma, as well as those who want to improve their balance, strength, and overall well-being. The practice is well-known for its focus on sports acupuncture and mental health acupuncture.
The practice was created in 2020 by bringing together two successful Berkeley-based healing practices: Luna-Sparks Acupuncture (founded in 2015 by John Luna-Sparks) and White Magnolia Tai Chi School (founded in 2001 by Dr. Miriam Marsolais). The combined practice offers a unique approach to healing by drawing on the strengths and wisdom of two traditions.
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a positive, self-assured acupuncturist who is passionate about Chinese medicine and who loves helping people resolve their health issues from the root. **We are seeking someone who has a particular interest in sports medicine.** This is an exciting opportunity for an empathetic person with a natural talent for being fully present with patients and guiding their care in a direction to increase quality of life.
We are located in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area in the midst of a rich and diverse community. Our goal is to help you have the fulfilling, supportive, happy career you imagined when you completed your formal Chinese medicine education. Working together, we will help more people discover and benefit from the gifts of Chinese medicine. We will provide all you need to succeed including your patients, all clinic supplies, the receptionist, herbs, supplements etc. All you need to do is walk through the door with a positive caring attitude and do what you do best. This is an excellent position for a practitioner who wants to do the work they love without any of the hassle or stress that comes with running their own practice.
Our mission at White Magnolia Acupuncture and Tai Chi is to provide effective, holistic healthcare and coordinated movement classes for people who seek to take charge of their health using alternatives or adjuncts to western medications and surgery. Owner John Luna-Sparks seeks to change the public’s reliance on drugs and surgery by spreading the word about safe, natural interventions like acupuncture, Tai Chi and Chi Kung. By taking charge, we want to help people become less dependent on someone else for their health care. We specialize in sports acupuncture and mental health, and if needed, will supplement your knowledge by providing specialized training in sports acupuncture protocols and techniques.
We serve adolescents through adults in a cash-pay clinic with a friendly, welcoming environment. We do not accept insurance. Many of our patients have received a variety of conventional approaches from multiple providers without success before coming to see us. Our caring, attentive administrative assistant handles all patient scheduling, coordination, and payments, as well as keeps the clinic running smoothly.
Work part-time hours including at least one weekend day and one evening shift until 7:30PM. **Experience as an acupuncturist for at least two years is required. Experience in sports acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine preferred.**
For more information about White Magnolia Acupuncture and Tai Chi, visit: www.whitemagnoliahealth.com
- Provide care for patients with acupuncture, sports acupuncture, Chinese herbs, orthopedic assessments and Chinese medicine dietary recommendations.
- Document care via electronic health records (Acusimple) daily.
- Perform comprehensive intake assessments. Clearly communicate a report of findings and treatment recommendations including approximate length, frequency and modalities to be used. At every session, clearly explain the treatment, it’s purpose and what will be addressed at future sessions
- Make custom Chinese herbal formulas with necessary modifications.
- Help patients feel that their questions and most prominent health concerns are addressed at each appointment.
- Experience with sports acupuncture or willingness to be closely trained and supervised
- Two or more years as an acupuncturist
- Active California state license as an acupuncturist
- Active malpractice insurance
- Experience prescribing Chinese herbal formulas
- Recognize red flags and urgent situations and respond appropriately
- Computer savvy and able to complete daily electronic health documentation in a timely manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills: ability to communicate potential outcomes for patients and give patients hope
- Open to learning and integrating our clinic’s established procedures to ensure patient satisfaction and retention.
- Strict adherence to all established clinic COVID-19 protocols
- Excellent time-management skills and be consistently on-time with patients
You will stand out because you are:
Honest, respectful of boundaries, responsible, a clear communicator, non-judgmental, welcoming of feedback, curious, interested in others, have good follow-through and on time.
Short DescriptionTo be considered, please follow all instructions below:
In your application, please attach your resume and answer the questions below or you will not be considered. Resumes with a cover letter should be sent to email@example.com. Include “Acupuncture Associate Position” in the subject line. To avoid wasting your time, do not respond if you do not have at least two years of acupuncture experience.
What attracted you to this opportunity?
How does this opportunity fit in with your current personal and career goals?
Describe how your past job experiences prepared you directly or indirectly for this practitioner opportunity?
Describe your experience with acupuncture, sports acupuncture or Chinese herbal medicine and knowing Western medicine red flags.
How to contactResumes with a cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Acupuncture Associate Position” in the subject line.
Back to summary list >